The first that I want to mention is All Fall Down by Ally Carter. Ally Carter is known for her books about spies in training and international thieves who are committing crimes in order to right wrongs. Her other books include The Gallagher Girls series and Heist Society series. All Fall Down is the first book in her latest series that follows a young girl as she grieves for her mother and becomes more and more convinced that her mother's death was a murder.
Second on my list is Chomp by Carl Hiaasen. Carl Hiaasen is known for such books as Holes, Hoot, and Flush. Chomp is full of mystery when a reality television star goes missing as they are filming in the Everglades. It was one of Carl Hiaasen's books that turned one of my children into an enthusiastic reader.
Other books included on this year's list are:
- Backlash by Sarah Littman
- Better Off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg
- Blackout by Robison E. Wells
- The Body in the Woods by April Henry
- The Bridge From Me to You by Lisa Schroeder
- Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon
- Guitar Notes by Mary Amato
- The Iron Trial by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
- Moxie and the Art of Rule Breaking by Erin Dionne
- One Came Home by Amy Timberlake
- The Port Chicago 50: Disaster, Mutiny, and the Fight for Civil Rights by Steve Sheinkin
- The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
- The Walk On by John Feinstein